★ My 2 Mini Dimples ★
Free Unicorn Cursors at www.totallyfreecursors.com
ADVERTISEMENTS





title: All about eyelashes
date: Thursday, May 15, 2014
time : 12:40 PM

Thank to my readers who have been continuing checking back my blog despite my lack of update
Really busy with my life (family, friends and ME time which is what more important) that I can't really  find extra time to blog.

Here a quick update on my eyelashes for my readers as I received pretty lot emails and comments in my instagram too, but I have yet have time to reply all.
Will do so to all soon , I promised!!

Yes, loving my lower lashes especially


as it's used to be barely there
That's the wonder of Latisse (Lumigan) eyelash growth treatment.
 I never been applied it to my lower lashes, but they have grown as well too, if you read my previous writeup on Latisse. You can get the link below or the left-side panel of my blog.


my eyelashes viddy here showing my long lower lashes after a single coat of mascara.
Not curling my upper lashes, too lazing to do this step



been using it for almost about 2 years; to speed up the lashes growing process, in between I discontinued the use of it for about near 3 months.

I did the full weeks therapy when I first started;
my eyelashes were great, it grew very long, the best ever, and then I reduced the number of application to every alternate days. That's per my gf' advice (who is working in the dermatologist clinic), way to save cost yet maintain it.

 

For it's expensive price of $228 selling in the clinic which I frequent and though I do get special rate, but still I quit, just because it was still too costly even when I use it every alternate day in long run.

and sadly it is a product which needs to be maintained to maintain the result
Hence, my lashes did slowly go back to their original state over a period of weeks to months to what it used to be.
I didn't lose my eyelashes, but they definitely will not be as thick and long after a few weeks once stop using Latisse (Lumigan). And my (& one of my gf) experience after stopped using latisse (Lumigan) wasn't bad definitely but I do saw few online reviews that theirs got more sparse than before 

As I only apply makeup once every few days, most of my days are totally bare skin without any makeup on my face. So having thick brows and full long lashes are important.
I'm grateful to have a naturally thick and defined eyebrows but one won't look as good as when she have full and longer lashes. And then I knew that I can no longer stand my not so long and fuller lashes as to when I'm using Latisse.


That's also the time when a gf on social networking introduced me the alternative Lumigan eyelashes growth treatment which belong to the same class as Latisse but is about 4 times cheaper than Latisse.

.
.
.
.
.

I researched online before I really go for it; that's why I'm back to using it again.
I think now is about the 4th month and yay it speed up the growing process again and now my upper and lower lashes are fuller and longer again. Also I'm back to using it every alternate day.
It wasn't very clear here but this was took after 2nd month of using it.
No fake eyelashes!! Just a coat of mascara

LATISSE VS LUMIGAN 

There is no difference between Lumigan and Latisse.
They are the same product.

Latisse is an Allergan product packaged with brushes to apply to your upper eyelid margin in order to achieve longer, thicker and darker eyelashes.


Lumigan, the same product, is packaged by Allergan to be placed as an eye-drop in order to treat glaucoma. So It comes only with the solution instead of a box with brush applicators.

The point is if you use Lumigan, in its eye-drop form, just to make your eyelashes grow, then you are exposing yourself to a much higher dose of the product than you need. Whereas when applying Latisse, on a small sterilized disposable brush which come with the product for every use, to your upper eyelid margin, exposes you to a much lower amount of the product.

There was clinical studies done; given the existing and substantial clinical and post-marketing safety data with bimatoprost solution 0.03%, coupled with the positive results from the Phase III Latisse study, Latisse Generic provides patients a clinically meaningful aesthetic benefit with a favorable safety profile.

but user must take note that Latisse (Lumigan) is a medication, and does have a few rare risks which you should discuss with your prescribing physician.

My very kind gf gave me boxes of the applicator brush so I can use it along with my Lumigan and get no worry about higher dose of the product. My another gf actually bought a small eyeliner brush with a small tip to apply the Lumigan lotion on her lashes but one should keep in mind and take extra caution, must ensure that you really clean the brush well after each use. Though NOT advise to.


  
No fake eyelashes!!
Just a coat of mascara without curling my lashes, too lazing to do this step


Don't compare my eyelashes with those angmo eyelashes after using the Latisse/Lumigan, cause their lashes are already very much longer to start with as compare to asian.

So

  Good luck ladies, you have to weigh the risk vs the reward.


 
Disclaimer: Above is just my experience and review about my use of this product. One should always do detailed research on the product and know the risks involved. Always check with physician before using.


View my past short writeup and review here 


  If you have any questions, please leave a comment and I'll try to answer as best as I can.
:)

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comment(s):

Wanna say something to us on this entry? (Click here)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home