★ My 2 Mini Dimples ★
Free Unicorn Cursors at www.totallyfreecursors.com
ADVERTISEMENTS





title: Independence = quality learning
date: Tuesday, April 17, 2012
time : 3:46 PM


I'm no longer reading story book to her but instead she is reading to her meimei and me. She is able to try to read out the words, by using the sound of the letters in the words, so I just need to explain to her the meaning of the words and how to use the words. What a breeze for me! lol~ k lah must admit that I'm lazy mommy, X__O



Here she is reading the story book "Baby Owl", still the basic one though. ;)


but I'm working real hard with the phonics now; knowing the first, middle, last sound, blending etc blah blah blah, I didn't remember I need to learn that in my kindergarden and now I'm learning together with my girls and I had to work even harder than them, way before them.







I got to sit down with my girls, revising their homework pretty often. I can be as stressful as her but phewsss...she is pretty good that I don't have to force to get her to sit down and open up her books. Well disciplined in the young contributed a better her now and of course a more relax me. During these early years, children form attitudes about learning that will last a lifetime. Am glads that I have been real firm and trained her attitude toward 'study'; the need to be persistence to stay with a task for a reasonably long period of time before playtime is allowed. And I always allow them to be as independent as possible, only respond to their needs in a consistent manner. I greatly believe that independence is an important aspect of quality learning, too much dependence on adults will greatly limit children's ability to succeed in school. My kids now do not need our constantly watching and helping with activities nowadays, they are pretty independent.That's why we have the plan (very more or less confirmed) to stop engaging maid after my maid last day on 30 April 2012, after completing her 2-year service with me. *Praying hard that I'll be able to cope* I always believe there is always a way out for better life, yes if only you try, so hopefully you won't get to hear any complain from me. Well I hate complaining, what for right?! lol~  

Share this Alphabet song which I'm always singing with my girls, to help them learn the sounds of the letters. They love singing this! Well, younger girls Aisleyne are quite good at the letter sound now. ;)
 



Labels: ,


Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comment(s):

Wanna say something to us on this entry? (Click here)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home