title: Body and Health Essentials, from inside out!!
date: Tuesday, April 03, 2012
time : 10:43 AM
|My daily supplements|
- Glasses of warm water - A daily habit I have is to have 2 glasses of
warm water immediately after waking up in the monring (before brushing
- L-Glutathione 500 - A potent antioxidant that supports immune health.
- TripleC 1000 - Vitamin C is an antioxidant that helps to protect the body against free radical damage and resultant degenerations. It supports natural defense against common infections and overall immunity and essential for maintenance of healthy bones, teeth, blood vessels, and collagen.
- Heliocare Sunblock Capsule -In the morning, an extra sun protection from inside out. Heliocare Oral provides the following specific benefits:
- Protects skin from premature aging and sun damage
- Inhibits depletion of collagen caused by UVA by 55%
- Increases skin tissue by up to 66%
- Increases your skin’s resistance against sunburn by 300%
- Excellent antioxidant property, reduces free radicals by up to 50%
- Prevents hyperpigmentation cause by UVA rays
Chrysanthemum and wolfberrie tea
|Chrysanthemum and wolfberrie tea and Beetroot juice |
For my work, I have to starring at the computer for long hours. Hence, I have been drinking Chrysanthemum and wolfberrie tea for years, at least every alternate day, which know to help with eyesight (sometime i will add in few red dates too). According to Chinese
traditional medicine, both ingredients are said to be effective at
improving eyesight and treating illness associated with the eyes like
blurred vision and dizziness.
used as a general Chinese tonic since ancient times to protect the
liver, improve the vision, strenghten weak legs and promote a long life. It has the following benefits:Antioxidant - Wolfberries provide a high level of protection against the dangerous superoxide free radical.
Antioxidant - Wolfberries provide a high level of protection against the dangerous superoxide free radical.
Anti-Aging - wolfberry contains
with antioxidant activity, it can slow down the aging process. A study
showed that the fruits help to prevent oxidation of DNA and help restore
damaged DNA! This suggests usefulness in cancer prevention and regression.
Vision Improvement - The Chinese have traditionally used wolfberries to help with vision problems, such as cataracts, retinopathy and macular degeneration. The fruits contain the phytochemicals lutein and zeaxanthin which neutralize free radicals formed by sunlight
has powerful anti-oxidant. It is used to treat the eyes, blurring,
spots in front of the eyes, diminished vision, dizziness and clear
heatiness of the liver.
"The health benefits of chrysanthemum tea are well known in China for
thousands of years. Chrysanthemum tea has many purported medicinal uses,
including an aid in recovery from influenza, acne and as a "cooling"
herb. According to traditional Chinese medicine the tisane can aid in
the prevention of sore throat and promote the reducing fever and cooling
you down. In Korea, it is well known for its medicinal use for making
people more alert and is often used to waken them. In western herbal
medicine, Chrysanthemum tea is drunk and used as a compress to treat
circulatory disorders such as varicose veins and atherosclerosis."
For me 3 times a week I will have it by drinking beetroot alone (it
has a very strong soil flavour which not many ppls will like, any other
day I will mix with other fruits or veggies as beetroot juice is very potent, and it's recommended that you drink the
raw juice diluted at least 4 times with other milder juices:-
- Beet juice with carrot and celery (For a sweeter drink, add an apple, or use 2 apples instead of the carrots)
- Beetroot juice with cucumber and pineapple (A fabulous cleansing drink which is best when consumed on an empty stomach.
- Beetroot, carrot and apple juice (this mix can amazingly boost your energy levels) .
|This is the pure beetroot juice, which most of the time I drink it alone|
- Vitamins: Beetroots
are a good source of folic acid and vitamin C. It also contains small
amounts of vitamins B1, B2, B3, and vitamin A in the form of
- Minerals: Rich in
calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and sodium. Also, smaller
amounts of iron, zinc, copper, manganese, and selenium.
- Amino Acids: While raw beets are mostly water and carbohydrate, they also contain small amounts of all the amino acids (protein).
- Calories: One 2" (5cm) beetroot contains 35 calories.
- Antioxidants: Its
carotenoids and flavanoids can help reduce the oxidation of LDL
cholesterol which could lead to damaged artery walls and ultimately
heart attacks and strokes.
- Anti-carcinogenic Color: The deep red color of beetroot comes from betacyanin. This prevents from colon cancer.
- Silica: The rich stock of
silica in it does perfect utilization of calcium in the body and is
also required for healthy skin, hair, nails and bones.
The popular research surveys suggest with assurance that drinking
beetroot juice is possible be a simple way to maintain a healthy
cardiovascular system and it has awesome benefits
The Magic of Beetroot Juice
- An intake of one glass of beetroot juice daily can assuringly tame high blood pressure
- It is claimed that beetroot juice has the ability to purify and build the blood, improve circulation and calm the nerves.
- It also improves the health of the liver (being a great liver cleanser), kidneys, and bladder.
- The juice is claimed to be beneficial in the treatment of gallstones and kidney stones.
- It cleans the intestines and fights cancer.
- For women, it improves the menstrual problems as well as cures anemia.
- Regenerate the cells of the immune system,
- It is traditionally used for curing eye fatigue & tiredness.
- Along with treating skin problems, the juice is effective in dealing with weight loss problems.
Once a week, I will try to boil Snow Fungus dessert. Once a while I will let my girls have a little of these too.
|Snow Fungus Dessert once a weekend|
I also read that Snow (white) fungus is said to provide similar health and beauty benefits as bird nests, but is
much affordable to most people. According to traditional Chinese medicine (TCM), snow fungus is a good tonic for
the elderly and especially helpful for those with weak respiratory and immune system.
It nourishes the lungs and is effective as a home remedy to treat dry coughs, including
a dry feeling in the throat.
Research has also shown that snow fungus contains health properties that help suppress
cancer tumor growth, reduce high cholesterol levels and high blood pressure. Another huge reward you get from taking white fungus frequently is your skin stay
beautifully clear, youthful and wrinkle-free due to its high collagen content. And
because snow fungus is also a rich source of dietary fiber, it acts as a mild laxative
to treat constipation naturally.
Labels: Beauty, Healthy Body, Share, Skin Regimen
May i know where u got ur skull and spike bracelets from?
Stay pretty :)
I bought the skull bracelet from http://radcojewelry.bigcartel.com/product/spooky-hearse-charm-earrings
and the spike is from tb
Thanks for replying :) Hae a great day ahead!
how does beetroot juice taste like? Where can I buy beetroot?
You can get the beetroot from the market stall which selling vegetables :) The first time you drink, you may not like the taste, a bit soil alike taste, put a bit ices, it will taste so much better :D