★ My 2 Mini Dimples ★
Free Unicorn Cursors at www.totallyfreecursors.com
ADVERTISEMENTS





title: [UPDATED] Slowing down aging in your 30s
date: Thursday, May 14, 2015
time : 11:55 AM

Am at my working hospital's clinic right now, waiting to indulge in a pampering skin treatment during my lunch for a busy working mom like me.




 
Maybe I should write something on this



At my thirty, I already has a family of my own, 2 precious girls, house of my own, career and can own anything that I can but that’s also the age I started losing one thing

“my youthful skin” and my what I thought “ever energetic body”

"Thirty is often the age when you start to see your looks changing...and not for the better,"
the corners of the mouth and eyes have started turning down just slightly, and will also start seeing slight facial jowls appearing and tear trough getting bad."

I’m now 34, I never ever touch on botox, filler or invasive cosmetic procedures/surgery but
I chose to work harder instead in restoring the collagen in my skin and building my facial muscles.
I actually started it when I’m pass thirty which I feel is pretty late already as approaching thirty is already when our reproductive hormone levels begin to taper off, where most women start notice hair loss, age spot skin conditions and loss of skin elasticity. Cells don't turn over as quickly like in the twenties, the skin's outer cells don't slough off as easily, so skin isn't renewed as efficiently, these affecting the moisture and hence collagen production and giving way to dull and sagging skin.

Same for the health,
is only in thirties when I suffered from hormonal imbalance and health issue then I know how to appreciate and how important it is to take care of my own body, health, and potential to be happy – which I did make lot of changes to achieve it for the past 3 years.
Juggling career and the children and households like 24/7, is never easy but now I always make healthy habits a priority.

So everyone is going to see some changes in her thirties due to hormonal shifts.
Even if you've taken good care of your skin, you'll probably start noticing fine lines and wrinkles, especially around the eyes and mouth.

It's just how we age. Isn’t it!

But to prevent it from getting worse than it can be, there are numerous weapons in battle against ageing on halting the start of fine lines and wrinkles. It's never too early to begin protecting your skin, even when there's no sagging skin or a wrinkle in sight. Young women in their 20s should begin a lifetime of healthy habits - such as having healthy diet, healthy sleep pattern and not smoking - all these can slow down the skin's aging process, not only that, it promote better health.

I don’t consume collagen drink anymore, because I don’t wanna put in anything I unsure of into my body. But fret not; there are non-invasive skin treatments, which I had tried – like Radiofrequency and LHE Technology which help slow down skin ageing.
In another few more years, I may even need Ultherapy or Thermage.

Now, find out how I take care of it using Radiancy LHE Technology
LHE Technology (Light & Heat Energy) is a non-invasive, non-abrasive treatment, very relaxing and pain-free treatment with no downtime and has clinically proven results which safely deliver effective and safe skin care. Its inherent safety and flexibility enables it to be used for a wide variety of applications; Psoriasis Care, Acne Clearance, Skin Tightening, Skin Rejuvenation, Wrinkle Reduction, Collagen Renewal, Vascular and Pigmented Lesion Treatments and Hair Removal.

Everyone knows that age and sun diminished collagen. 
Radiancy Skin Rejuvenation and Collage Renewal uses pulsed of LHE energy (Lower frequency of light and heat energies), directed at the cell, this LHE creates a mild thermal insult to the dermal/epidermal junction. The thermal trauma triggers a wound-heal response and initiating the process of stimulating new collagen growth under the undamaged layer that will help replenish and even out the shrunken dermis layer. The creation of new collagen and connective material caused by the thermal insult and subsequent fibroblast activation (*Fibroblasts are the cells of connective tissue responsible for making the collagen and elastin fiber cells found in the connective tissue of the dermis) occurs over a period of a few weeks to a few months. This wound healing response leads to improvement in skin texture and the smoothing of fine lines. 
Hence, it improves my skin texture, tone and smooth away fine line, wrinkles, shrinks my pores and skin appears firmer, as collagen rebuilds.


LHE creates a mild thermal insult to the dermal/epidermal junction.


The thermal trauma triggers a wound-heal response and new collagen remodels under the undamaged layer.

It is suitable for most skin types and skin tones.
I always come here for Radiancy Skin Rejuvenation and Collage Renewal nowadays, as it is a pretty low cost skin treatment especially for me being a staff here.

What to expect during the session?
The nurse will cleanse my face to remove all impurities to allow the LHE to better penetrate into my skin during the process. Due to the brightness of the light emitted, my eyes will be covered for my comfort. As the LHE applicator is placed onto my skin, I could feel on that administered area with pulses of light and slightly warm heat sensation as it penetrates deep into your skin. The treatment is performed on the entire surface of my face, focusing on the areas that need additional attention. After the treatment, it will be completed with a customized application of masking selected for my skin’s need. Follow on with serum and sunblock.

 the nurse did a mask for me after the skin treatment
that eye...eeeerie
lol
time to rest my eyes, calm my mind in that soothing music.
Zzzz....

Overall, the treatment is very comfortable and relaxing with soothing music played to calm my mind. There may be a small percentage of people who may encounter the same as me; not always though, but sometime my skin is a little sensitive (due to the retinoid I used) so after treatment, minor redness may be present but it subside quickly within half hour.
This is really an excellent facial treatment for a busy working mom like me to be able to pamper myself in an hour lunch break and back to office feeling more beautiful with younger looking skin.
I do this treatment as maintenance once a month.
I used to go radiofrequency (read here - also an non-invasive, pain-free and no downtime treatment) which I did once a month or every 2 months in the past until I found this lower cost LHE treatment which works almost the same but it uses a lower frequency energy so the result achieved may not be as drastic as Radiofrequency.So still whenever I can on a weekend (once every 2 or 3 months), I will go to Dr Steven Ang for Radiofrequency for a more intense boosting of my skin’ collagen.

How much does it cost?
I paid $107 inclusive of GST) for every 2 sessions as a staff price 
For non-staff, it is $107 for a session I think.



and when I get acnes I will go for Radiancy LHE Acne Phototherapy to target my problem.

LHE Acne Phototherapy

What I found on a source –
by combining direct heat with the light pulse, LHE further raises the temperature inside the follicle affecting a much faster chemical reaction time than light alone would generate. The generated heat also aids in reducing inflammation, opens pores and soothes the pain often associated with acne.

 

How LHE Acne Phototherapy Works


Light is drawn to the melanin in the hair, raising the temperature of the hair follicle.



LHE clears acne safely and effectively with a series of concentrated pulses of light and heat. The green wavelength light penetrates deep into the skin to cause an increase in porphyrins, resulting in the destruction of P .acnes.



The red wavelength produces anti-inflammatory results. The addition of heat, unique to LHE, increases the effectiveness by opening the skin pores and promoting a faster chemical reaction.

In clinical trials LHE has demonstrated up to 90% clearance of acne lesions after a 4 week treatment course with bi-weekly treatments.If you are suffering from acnes, maybe can give this LHE Acne Phototherapy or Salicylic peel which I preferred more for a try.

Labels: , ,


Related Posts with Thumbnails

2 Comment(s):

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Apple, which clinic is this? I'm keen to give it a try, thanks.

Sunday, January 17, 2016 5:40:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, sorry for the late reply.
It is Asethetic Clinic at NUH Kent Ridge Wing, level 4.

Friday, June 10, 2016 12:17:00 PM  

Wanna say something to us on this entry? (Click here)


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Apple, which clinic is this? I'm keen to give it a try, thanks.

Sunday, January 17, 2016 5:40:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, sorry for the late reply.
It is Asethetic Clinic at NUH Kent Ridge Wing, level 4.

Friday, June 10, 2016 12:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home