★ My 2 Mini Dimples ★
Free Unicorn Cursors at www.totallyfreecursors.com
ADVERTISEMENTS





title: Remembering founding father of Singapore, Mr Lee Kuan Yew
date: Friday, March 27, 2015
time : 10:22 PM

Couldn't help but well up with tear watching PM Lee's live speech.

23 March, a somber day as Singaporeans grief the passing of our great founding father whom spend his whole life fought so hard building Singapore from a mudflat swamp to a metropolis skyscrapers and held it so dearly all his life.
Though I may disagree with some of the policies and sys that have implemented but what I cannot deny is Singapore will not be what we are today without him. What Singapore is today carries marks of his effort and contribution.
 
Thank you Mr Lee, so much for everything. Your legacy will always be remembered, and may the ruling party continue rule Singapore in the same spirit as you did. As for our part… is to craft our children and children’s children to contribute to this city and better future #thatishowhewantsustorememberhim…. RIP #leekuanyew #RIPLKY #tributetoLKY

27 March 15,
Just wanna pen down my little thoughts here now.

Came here yesterday midnight with BFFs but the queue wasn't moving much n stop moving for long each time even after few hrs of waiting, n' thinking the need to back to work next day but today I'm not going to give up n' being my gal so wanna to pay her last respects to our founding father of Singapore which she heard so much about that she cried to pay her respects to him many times. I told her if u can endure the long wait, she said yes.

Just a moment ago (after queuing for almost 3hrs now) whilst typing this, Hus n' I asked her again whether she is ok, she said ok without making a fuss like what she usually will. We're so proud of her determination. I really don't know how long the queue will be on a Friday crowd being now stopped again without moving for quite long again but we don't wanna just sit n watch at home, we wanna take action n' pay my last respects to him, thing that I will regret for the rest of my life if I never do it.

A few hrs of waiting n' a bows is really a small action returning his love for us and that I want to do to thank him n' its nothing compare to his whole life working so hard building up the nation that we can call 'home'. I regretted only get to read more about him from the articles, videos, news n' interviews that made me cried so hard each day only after his pass on. It's true that people only get to cherish one when they have lost it n' taken everything for granted.

Now I know how to appreciate him... the great man...great leader, great father n' husband with great values n' character which I want to pass on his values to my children, n' let his legacy goes on... And I'm glads that we came this far n we get to see how united we fellow Singaporean are. 

"There was a time when people said
That Singapore won't make it, but we did
There was a time when troubles seemed too much
For us to take, but we did
We built a nation, strong and free, reaching out together
For peace and harmony"

Thanks Mr Lee, for building this beautiful and strong nation. You made it n' we are proud to be Singaporean....

Ps, to all who are still queuing there, salute! And yes, press on

 28 March 15,
paying tribute to their giant man


#rememberingLeeKuanYew

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comment(s):

Wanna say something to us on this entry? (Click here)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home