★ My 2 Mini Dimples ★
Free Unicorn Cursors at www.totallyfreecursors.com
ADVERTISEMENTS





title: Healthier Living and Diet
date: Monday, October 14, 2013
time : 4:45 PM


Groceries shopping, that's what I did most days. At least 3 days a week, I have to do marketing. I prepare daily menu for the family and I introduced a lot of fruits, veggies, dried food (seeds and nuts) for them. So sometime it run out very fast in 2-3 days. I don't get my maid to do this job cause since she don't have much knowledge on the name of the veggies and the portion to choose so all times are done by me, unless urgently needed for that night but can't wait for me to get since I'm at work.

Moreover, I don't like the ideas of stocking a month or week food items at home to make my life easier and I don't like my fridge to look super pack with food, this is to keep everything at its freshness especially organic raw and fresh food. The most I will store it for 3 days, I will discard it no matter what so in order not to waste food and let the family had fresh food, I would rather make a frequent trips down to different places to do marketing after work no matter how tiring I'm after work and also every weekend.

My family's health is more important than anything else now. And to be able to take good care of their health, first I got to take great care of my own health. That's what a mother for, else their father can simply do the job.

In the past, I didn't really caution about the ground of the food I'm eating. As long as, I eat my 3 meals and eat full and never starve myself, not falling sick frequent....I'm healthy!! That's most people thought! Until I was diagnosed with hormone problem, don't belittle just a hormone issue or menstruation issue or a little pain here or there or even rashes or skin problems, that could be a very early signal to health issue and could affect later part of your life.

Thinking back I may not have superb healthy health since child, the problem was all build-up since young. If you have been reading my blog entries since start, you should have known that my parent was a workaholic and I was brought up by my grandparent. I do things in my own ways since young and my parent are always busy with work. So no one really care and control what I eat daily. Imagine I snacked damn lot on those tidbit selling at the mama shop and colouring long icy stick and consumed MANY bottles or packets of coke / pepsi daily and my favorite "菜心罐“ with lot of light soya sauce with just porridge.

Those below and many more are what I eat everyday and in large quantity and don't care about the quality. lol~





 
Lots of can ready food in my diet. YES DAILY!


 Coke coke coke

I'm addicted to those at the age of just 6 years old and this unhealthy diet continue till it is almost can't find anymore. Only when I'm married then I learn to be more caution with food I eat, reduced those snack and not drinking coke/pepsi frequent. And for convenient, I still eat a lot of outside food.

So it is already late, now I'm health is not at the top condition. But thanks god and my hardwork to read up more and started eating healthy now that my health seem to get better and better. Hopefully it is not too late, and continue building up my health. that's why I even more concern about my kids diet, don't want them to follow me only later part worrying about health.

I never put the blame to my parent for not taking extra care on my health cause afterall could be my own body more easy to develop such shit and they are hard-earning money to provide for the family not that they want it to be. They don't have much knowledge in the past like us parent now on how to eat healthily, what can eat and what shouldn't.

Actually many times, I did blame myself for not bother and care to read up more on how to live and eat healthily before I conceive with Amabel, only do so during pregnancy and upbringing. That's why they are seem to not able to absorb nutrient well hence skinny no matter how much they eat and how strict I'm to their diet . Just  like me. But of course I don't want them to be fat, don't feel it is right. Just at the healthy normal weight is good.


 

Now we parent are more knowledgeable so should know where to find out and read on healthy living and dieting. I'm really very hardwork (take healthy diet and cooking courses) and even more concern about their diet, care about their stomach now though I have been strict in introducing healthy diet since they are born. Just that now I'm even more careful about the source of the food, most should be organic else I will ensure we handle the food well by doing a thorough wash with filtered water, so no pesticide, no artificial, no flavoring, no coloring, no hormonal injected food, no white rice etc. (as far as I can avoid). I also don't force them to eat too much, and not eating too full, so no supper, and no unhealthy snack, beverage (as far as I can control) but to let them have more healthy and balance intake and diet. They are not allowed to be choosy when come to the food I give.

Though they don't have any health issue but hope it will build up their health further for their future.

Whenever I see children frequent eating supper, drinking beverage drinks and snack alot. Can't help but to shake head, and think what the parent are doing!! Of course, It's not a must to only eat organic products but I really think it is not ok for kids to frequent snack tidbit la, soft drink la, sweet la etc .

And I found that often those children that snack a lot are when their family snack unhealthy food a lot too.


I remembered an old man who I met at an event told me "父母吃垃圾, 孩子就爱跟着吃垃圾。父母吃五谷杂粮 (healthy multi-grain, nuts, seeds),孩子就会跟着吃五谷杂粮。“

Yes, I agreed and it take 2 hand to claps


5 October 13, Saturday 
Late at night with my girls and my trusty helper @JEM NTUC



Marketing after work on a weekday @ Jcube Cold Storage


Must learn to help since young age. Your job is not to eat only but learn new thing everyday including how to do marketing and know what your mom has been doing for you most days.



































Made a trip all the way down to Four Season Market @ Great World City after work on a weekday. She is really helping to choose the veggies. I taught my girls how to do so. Told them especially if you are lucky to be a SAHM, made sure you do marketing, cook and take care of your children's meal but not get others to do the job.



 She said "Mommy, this can?" lol~






Labels: ,


Related Posts with Thumbnails

3 Comment(s):

Anonymous Ling said...

Cheers to organic eating! health and happiness is so important..than material possession. wishing you and your lovely kids good health :-)

Thursday, October 17, 2013 5:28:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Ling,

Same to you :D

Friday, October 18, 2013 11:06:00 AM  
Blogger DazzleBelle said...

Great job & post babe!
Love reading your posts =)

Friday, October 18, 2013 2:09:00 PM  

Wanna say something to us on this entry? (Click here)


3 Comments:

Anonymous Ling said...

Cheers to organic eating! health and happiness is so important..than material possession. wishing you and your lovely kids good health :-)

Thursday, October 17, 2013 5:28:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Ling,

Same to you :D

Friday, October 18, 2013 11:06:00 AM  
Blogger DazzleBelle said...

Great job & post babe!
Love reading your posts =)

Friday, October 18, 2013 2:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home