★ My 2 Mini Dimples ★
Free Unicorn Cursors at www.totallyfreecursors.com
ADVERTISEMENTS





title: A warning to life of regret
date: Thursday, November 21, 2013
time : 5:30 PM


Very early in morning, opened my letterbox and saw an envelop in NUH letterhead. Yes, I know it was the result for the very basic health screening that I had done in my company.

Everything look good like the past years. Anyway it was just a basic health screening.

My Cholesterol are at desirable range but my HDL-C (good cholesterol) this year is indicated as high & my LDL-C (bad cholesterol) indicated as optimal. So I started to wonder will it eventually cause an issue? As these 2 result are different from my past years where both are stated as 'desirable', which is normal

Wanna quick go office n ask my colleague but can't wait any longer but to whatapps my gf and she said my those few results (LDL-C, HDL-C and TG) are very good and asked me not to worry. Advised me to bring my report for doctor to see  if I wanna know more. She said with my healthy diet how not to have such good result compare to the past lol~ and my TG result show very good too as nowadays seldom has peoples have such result cause too much oil & sweet in people's diet nowadays.

A note indicate the Risk factors for cardiovascular disease (such as heart attach) include: hypertension (high blood pressure), low HDL, high LDL, high BMI, diabetes mellitus. But I don't have such risk. My Cholesterol ration is good so no risk for CHD, blood pressure is very normal too.

 
Only my BMI is low but no much risk; still hoping I can put on more weight.

I'm gonna go for a follow-up with my gynae for a blood test and scan for the hormones check in December. Hopefully my hormone are stable now. Pray Hard!!

This year is really not a good year for me; had a terrible outbreak and rashes, health condition (hormonal condition), spent a lot more on healthy food for the family (pocket big holes), spent quite a bit on a few individual health check (hepatitis A, B,C) and had a few vaccinations done for prevention, career (changing of management and restructuring). Mother-in-law's health condition is getting bad, we all hope for a miracle again.

Lot of changes. Can't wait for 2013 to be over and have a better years ahead. Hope my close one are of good health and especially my MIL can get well again. Gonna really take good care of the health of myself and family.

A warning to life of regret. Do it before it was too late

Told the teachers that Aisleyne will be away for a holiday trip to Hongkong on x Dec to x Dec, that's during the period where where the graduation concert will be held (on 6 Dec) and the teachers were so sad cause they said Aisleyne performed so well during all the rehearsal and was so fun with her funny actions. Aisleyne is always the one that made them laugh so loud and last year she missed it and then this year has to again

:(

I'm so sad to let her missed it again. But this is the first family trip with my parent so I very looking forward to it. My kids will definitely too, especially they have been so excited after I told them I'm gonna bring them to Disneyland with Jaerio.

Received a call from the principal the morning after I told the teachers about our trip. She sound so sad, called to confirm again asking whether I have booked our ticket so can change the trip date? She was disappointed when I told her my trip is booked and confirmed. She said Aisleyne was performed so well as usual like the past concert that they again put her on the front as main lead. The principal made me felt so bad that I actually wanna tear but tickets already booked; I would really love and excited to see how well and funny my baby perform too but I don't wanna disappoint my parents and relatives too. I felt really bad 😢

Actually this trip given me a lot of headache and worries. I felt excited but yet  worries when come to bringing the kids to Hong Kong's Disneyland and Ocean Park. I heard too many news and spreading about kids went missing there.

Many precautions planned; gonna bring a pram, use my Kids safety Harness and a safety wrist strap. I will put either one in the pram and put a harness or wrist strap on both, have it attached to my wrist to keep both my girls with me all times. Will keep remind and pressure my parents to hold my girls tight all time if they tagging along with them.

A lot of stress already even before going for the trip.

I shall talk about why this little missy princess giving us a lot of headaches. We faced problems dealing with Aisleyne's behaviour and emotions, since really young at her age of 3. She actually talk less compare to her sister during the same stage. Instead she loves to do a lot of baby talk (though she can talk well in words), even now she does that especially when she is alone. She just can't stop making some sound else she will be singing and dancing. She is one that need to be busy with things, very playful girl. 
 
With Aisleyne's behaviour, character and emotions, she is the one makes us more worries when we're out. She has short temper, very daring, independent, ego and being too adventure too, curious, living in her own world. She was suspected having mild 'Hyperkinetic Disorder' based on the questionnaire and symptoms. But was told no further check needed yet cause she could be just too hyperactive compare to most other kids, but yet not really 'Hyperkinetic Disorder'. Peoples had problem dealing and understanding her emotions most time. Listened too many from her school teachers always.

Punishment! it work better! 
Sidetrack: This was a year ago where she still need to wear diaper to bed but diaperless during day. Now she has been totally diaperless for 10 months I think. She will wake up herself to pee, wash, flush, wear back her panty and went back to bed herself.


She can out of sudden throw missy tantrum, refusing to tell us why she's unhappy and angry. When this happens, many times she chose to walk or run away angrily. She expecting us to go after pampering her and give in to her. I told hus many times, we can't give in and let her uses her ways to threaten us. 

I tried many times don't chase after her but am secretly following behind her. She did look back many times to check on whether I follow but I hide as she turned back. Still she kept on walking further. There was once until for almost half an hour walking around the place, she gave up and stood at a spot for near to 20 or 30 mins waiting for me to find her and go up to her. My eyes never leave her. Total we spent an hour to test on each other patience till someone attended to her then I got to quickly run over. That's the longest,cause many other times, kind peoples will go up asking her where is your Mommy and Daddy. My friends also get to see the taste of it... also buay tahan her. 

At times, I were so flared up that I wanted to stay even more firm by just letting anyone bring her to police station, let her scare once, that she may never get to see her parent again. She is really too much!! Despite how many times we explained to her, telling her bad guy will catch her, chop off her hands, legs and cut of her tongue and sit along the road in the poor country all days to beg for food and money. Soft approach and hard approach all tried, to make her understand that this behavior is unacceptable and the dangers of it.


I think I haven't had time to mention about these 3 past  incidents.
A lot of pressure when bringing Aisleyne out especially when I encountered her really went missing 3 times in Singapore (the very last time is the longest where she went missing; for about an hour). That happened in early May this year, before I started to take extreme caution by strapping her especially in a crowd, immediately after that longest incident.

I remembered twice were happened in Tiong Bahru Plaza, both incidents happened when she threw her missy tantrum and started running away in anger, really fast in split seconds that we couldn't managed to catch her in time. Her legs are strong (looking at her legs muscles), run fast and best in sneaking through the crowd that very fast gone missing in the crowd. We managed to find her within minute(s), hiding at a corner from us. Each time we found her, though she was still in anger but I can feel that she was like thanks god my mom and dad finally found me. But yet she was so scarily frightened cause she knew she is gonna get it from me. She begged for forgiveness, so scare till she pees on her pant. But I don't know why each time she's trying to play hard one with us to get her way even she knows she will be a end loser begging.
 
We explained to her the danger and consequences of it. Scolded and caned her for the subsequent incidents but it doesn't seems to cast an impact on her life. 

Her daddy said just behaves exactly like me; head-strong! No choice, mother and daughter run in the same blood, when angry...anything also not scare at all. *roll-eyes*

The worst happened in Vivo City early May this year (that's also the last time happened. No more please). We went there with my mil's family, though we went separately to shop cause I wanna shop for my mom Mother Day's present. She went missing for an hour. That's when my previous maid work for us about 3 months where she didn't know much of the power and pattern of Aisleyne yet, but I do always warn her to hold tight her and keep closer eyes on her. Aisleyne is very easily distract by the thing around her and when she wants she will try all means. With me she wouldn't dare much but with others she will go haywire.lol~

We were together to shop with hus and Amabel and where Aisleyne and my ex-maid were walking hand-in-hand slightly faster infont us. Saw a shop (level 2) selling Flip-flop sandal which I planning to buy that for my mom, so I told hus I wanna go in to see. Hus is supposed to go after my ex-maid and Aisleyne to go to the shop and wait for me to shop for my mom present. My ex-maid trying very hard to get Aisleyne to u-turn back but she insisted to go further up to see something according to my ex-maid. That's happened too fast and I knew Aisleyne was so strong and my ex-maid was still new at that time. We can understand that she don't dare to grab her too tight to accidentally hurt her (she told us) and so Aisleyne managed to escape from her catch. My maid followed with my hus ran after and she ran  like an athletic and she was so small sneaking through the crowd and within seconds she was missing in the big crowd when they were at the split-way. Then we all including my sis-in-law and bro-in-law who immediately after receiving phonecall that Aisleyne was missing, also started searching the whole shopping mall for her. 7 peoples searching for her, going in each shop to ask whether got see a little girl, describing what she wore that day but no one seen. By then my ex-maid already cry like hell. I also immediately went to information counter to make report and requested them to make an announcement. I left my contact and continued searching in worries and red teary eyes with Amabel (she was so scare too), but I didn't really rolling tear initially as I telling myself Singapore is still consider safe, the only worry is that she may fall or hurt herself somewhere. I don't want to think that , just want to quickly find her.

When he went missing for almost half an hour already, we got more and more worries. How can a child missing for almost half an hour and nobody notice and make an report to the information counter?!. By now she should be crying non-stop searching for mommy and daddy already. I would said all children will cry out loud after few minutes cannot find their parent and people would have known she is lost and bring her to information counter by now. I called my hus to tell him that we should go harbourfront to search and make a report at the information counter too. But hus insisted that she cannot be run until the next shopping mall. I insisted that I should search Harbourfront too since there is a linkway and there is possibility that she went there so I go ahead myself with Amabel. Just when I was searching in Harbourbour before I decided to go to the information counter. I received a call from Vivo City's information counter that Aisleyne was at Harbourfront's information counter, then i felt a relieve and kept thanking god that she was found safely and quickly made my way there. Called hus to inform him; see! she was really found in harbourfront. When we reached there, Aisleyne was happily eating a lollipop given by the staff at the information counter.

I was quite angry when she is eating lollipop. Seriously I felt that the Information counter staff shouldn't give candy to a lost child, though they just being kind wanna calm the kid down. But for Aisleyne, she may think she is right to do that and she get to have a candy treat. Hai~

But the moment we saw her, I still faster run to carry and hug her, she is so precious!!

We were told that she was found by a phillippino in a shop. She said she didn't cry, don't look like a lost child at all but wandering in the shop. She asked around and asked Aisleyne then knew that she was lost.

When we asked her whether she scares when she couldn't find Mommy and Daddy.
Her replied was "No! Not scare!" 
Ta ma de, really speechless

Really Damn it !!! Cause we really damn scared and worried like hell but for her like nothing happened. Then, we asked her "In this one hour where did you go?".
Her replied was "I go walk walk".

WTF!?!?!?.

we don't know to laugh or angry with her. But we really thanks god that she wasn't hurt or abducted.

We didn't scold my ex-maid cause we know problem is Aisleyne, we know is not easy when come to handling Aisleyne. But we did warn her have to really take extra caution when dealing with her.

And immediately I told Hus I need to search for a child's safety harness/strap to strap her with us. Hus told me don't be crazy to that extreme. But I don't care, searched around the whole mall, finally found it at toys u rus. And very kiasu, I bought 2; one saftey harness and one wrist strap. The very moment I made the payment, opened the packaging and strapped Aisleyne up attached to my wrist. She cried so terribly when she knew that she kept saying "no mommy please" and cried real loud that everyone looking at us. No one can stop me, including my hus. I don't give a damn how many pair of eyes looking at me. My mind is only if you look again longer, I won't give you face infront the crowd!  I not scare being stomp too.

Never see parent trying to take precaution to prevent kids from running away and lost? They didn't know how daring and active this little girl is. My girl is still at a very curious age and having her secured to me,  give me peace of mind when I'm out. I put the velcro wrist strap on her wrist and attached to my wrist. This is especially good when I can't hold my girl's hand all times whilst I need to take out thing from my bags or at the cashier pay for things etc.Not all of them have needed the harness, but for the active ones like mine that don't like to hold my hand because they find it too restrictive, This is the one and she loves it now. This gives her the freedom to walk and move around without me keep screaming out for her, but still be safe with me. I will still hold her hand while crossing the road  of course and when needed.

I do get many staring and peoples commenting between themselves. I don't know what they said. I don't care at all! I just care my own business. I'm doing what I believe is safest for my child and I would rather have my child in a harness/wrist strap and take the disapproving looks than have my child disappear or get run away because it only takes a split second. Unless they've been there themselves, most people may never understand. 
  
So I will ignore those judgmental busy bodies! 


But also there are nice people telling me it was good to do so and 2 aunties asking me where I bought my strap cause they want to ask their son/daughter to strap their grandchildren when out too, so I 'm really happy that they care to take extra caution. I also found that not easy to get to see people using this in Singapore. Any of you using also? Many were so curious, looking at us like they never ever see before like that.


Pics took some time back, out to the Jem with von's family

Active girl, cannot stop jumping and hopping like monkey




















Fetched her from school



Haha





Ever since then especially when I need to go in a crowd, I will strap her to me and keep a close look on my girls. Extra caution if I'm alone or with just helper or when I forgot to bring my kids' safety wrist/harness strap, cause I can't depend on other but myself .

Saw this video up recently , where a man was sent out with 100 lollipops to bait unattended kids.
I have my girl went missing and I were lucky to have her back safely. So I can't let it happen again cause we will never know how safe Singapore is anymore. So I rather get those disapproving looks than having my girl went missing once away or being lure or abducted



This is really a powerful message to deliver to the parents and caregiver to be more alert and mindful of their child’s whereabouts, which I would like to share if you haven't get to see it! 

Singapore is one of the safest countries in the world. The combination of stringent and regularly enforced laws, and being a small and easily controllable population. But now being a multi national country, we have peoples from all over the world (Malaysians, Indonesians, Filipino, Chinese from china, Japanese, korean, , taiwanese, Vietnamese, Burmese, Caucasians etc) leading to our current population in Singapore for this year 2013 with an approximately of 6 million.

Source from strait times http://www.straitstimes.com/sites/straitstimes.com/files/ST_20121006_SAT2_3330225.pdf

More population, more stress, more jobless people and more crazy peoples under stress. Will it still be safe as before? Crimes may increase we won't know, there will be more missing case? we won't know. No one know and it may be one of the future issue.

Be it a safe country. It still can happened. Remember this case?

Singapore's longest unsolved kidnapping case. It's been 24yrs since these 2 kids went missing. The news that shook the whole nation and even prompted Macdonalds to offer a $100K rewards still remains unclaim. No news of them till date whether if they're still alive or dead? Some say they were sighted without hands and tongues in Thailand, some said they were seen in Thailand begging.

During those years with small population, there are already a few of such missing and kidnapping case.

There is another which is on stomp 

A case where a child was apparently lured away by a woman at Ang Mo Kio Hub when the child was left unattended for a short while by his mother. The post read: "I asked my son why you followed the lady when you don't know her at all, he reply me saying: jeh jeh (sister in Mandarin) say you follow me and I will bring you home." Earlier that week, also another incident of a young boy who was also led away by a Chinese woman but was being stopped, this went spreading in the media but the mother didn't made any report.


This incident reminds us to always watch over the safety of our children, especially in crowded areas. Even with security cameras and guards present, parents must still remain vigilant and ensure their child is accompanied and safe,"

- See more at: http://news.asiaone.com/News/Latest+News/Singapore/Story/A1Story20120321-334929.html#sthash.sVOfdE60.dpuf


In year 2007 to 2009, there was a report that 20 children missing cases in Singapore in 2 years. In a toutedly 'safe and secure' city-state like Singapore is 20 children too much.

Not sure about the figure now but this is what I saw in SPF sites now http://www.spf.gov.sg/missingpersons/missingfemale.html. Where have these people went to?

This place is so small that if a kid was just hiding out, they'd be found fairly easily if people were aware. It is really scary that so many young people have vanished without a trace. To think of it the survival rate for children is not high cause they know nothing and they can't protect themselves.

As a parent I fiercely want to keep my children safe but yet I don’t want to sacrifice my children’s independence. However, with the above, I am highly tempted to err towards the side of caution. 

Especially after the case where Aisleyne went missing for an hour without cry where apparently she doesn't know how to be frightened and so knowing to call for help if really being lure by strangers. These really frightened die me that flashed scenes that my child could has been abducted to other country being a beggar without hands and tongues was real scary ........ that's the reason wherever I go.. I keep a tight rein on my kids now.

I feel pretty stressful bringing them to Hong Kong but my girls have been wanted to go for long. Gonna really take extreme caution, if I choose to bring them go.

Remember this message

"It Takes A Split Second To Lure Your Child Away, Keep A Watchful Eye Before It's Too Late."


Labels: , , , ,


Related Posts with Thumbnails

1 Comment(s):

Blogger ~*Joanne*~ said...

Enjoy your family trip! The kids gonna be overjoyed. :)

Monday, December 02, 2013 4:48:00 PM  

Wanna say something to us on this entry? (Click here)


1 Comments:

Blogger ~*Joanne*~ said...

Enjoy your family trip! The kids gonna be overjoyed. :)

Monday, December 02, 2013 4:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home